The PTA is the largest volunteer organization working exclusively to improve the education, health, safety and well being of all children and youth. Through the PTA, parents, teachers, administrators and community members work for quality education and a true partnership between home and school.
When you join PTA, you automatically become a member of the State and National PTA. Becoming a PTA member opens up leadership opportunities, and builds skills in communication and advocacy strategies. Members who are willing to get involved are a valuable resource for starting and maintaining programs and projects to benefit children, youth, and the community. Members attend association meetings five times a year to vote on specific motions and elect the new PTA board at the association's annual general meeting in April. The Oakbrook Elementary PTA annual program and budget will be presented for adoption at the first meeting of the school year.
As a member you have the following opportunities:
- To know that you can make a difference for your child and all children, just by joining PTA and showing your support.
- To participate in family-oriented activities, projects and education.
- To support school activities, whether at school, at home, or at your workplace, that strengthen the family-school-community partnership.
- To learn about important issues affecting children in your community.
- To obtain resources and other materials on a wide variety of concerns to today's parents and families.
- To grow personally through leadership development training.
- To be a voice for children by communicating with local and state decision-makers.
Your involvement, whether at home, in school, or in your community, makes the difference. Everyone who cares about children is encouraged to join PTA!
Membership is $10 per person. This amount includes dues payable to District, State and National PTAs. Our unit PTA retains $6.50 from these dues which, together with periodic fund raising events, enable us to implement our programs. Membership is open to parents, guardians, grandparents, siblings, uncles, aunts, cousins, friends, neighbors and community members 18 years or older. Dues must be placed in envelopes which are sent home at the beginning of the school year and are also available in the school office.
Oakbrook Elementary PTA's goal for this school year is to increase our membership to include the families of all our students. Our school expects enrollment from a little over 400 families. Our membership goal is 100% participation. Your membership will bring us closer to achieving this goal.
For Membership Questions, please contact Jamie@Oakbrookpta.org.